Client Support Specialist
Rachel's Women's Center is a busy 7-day a week drop in day center for homeless women. Client Support Specialist oversees all functions of the basic-needs-services for homeless women and oversees Client Support Specialist staff of 1 and program volunteers.
1. Oversight of center ACTIVITY and operation
a. Maintain a safe environment for the participants; be aware of the ‘mood’ in the center by walking around (not leaving the desk area unattended); cover front desk at all times
b. Prepares the facility and gathers supplies for participants lunch
c. Assists with filing and distributing participants mail
d. Knows and executes emergency protocols and responds appropriately
e. Monitor guest and volunteer sign-in logs, answer phones, ensure facility is clean
f. Coaches staff & volunteers for appropriate management of donations
g. Maintains adequate supplies and a positive relationship with vendors; prepares supply orders
h. Maintains facility, ensuring environment is clean and organized; prepares maintenance work orders
i. Ability to work effectively with others & independently
j. Assists with all routine program functions including answering phones, greeting donors and processing donations
2. SUPPORTIVE SERVICES
a. Greets and signs in participants; prioritizes their immediate needs and guides them to services
b. Reviews intakes with new participants, explains RWC daily routine, available services and behavioral expectations
c. Develops daily shower list, guides them to the shower at their scheduled time, provides necessary hygiene supplies and clean clothing
d. Coaches participants in Center upkeep; works cooperatively with staff team.
e. Provides role model for participants by exhibiting appropriate social behavior; provides social interaction with participants coming from a trauma informed approach
f. Provides conflict resolution/crisis intervention to participants using a harm reduction and trauma informed approach
g. Provides resources & referral information to participants; regularly updates resource information
3. AGENCY ENGAGEMENT/ PROCEDURES
a. Adheres to Mission, Principles and Policies of Agency and Rachel’s Women’s Center.
b. Provides role model for participants by exhibiting appropriate social behavior
c. Sets firm boundaries with participants while remaining patient and trauma informed
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. BA Degree in related human service field or equivalent life/work experience.
2. Minimum one year experience in homeless services and/or of co-occurring substance use disorders and mental illness or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Candidates with lived experience or gender specific women’s services are encouraged to apply. Bi-lingual Spanish preferred but not required.
3. Well-developed de-escalation, conflict resolution and problem solving skills
4. Understanding of trauma informed care and experience with trauma informed approaches to service delivery, motivational interviewing and stages of change
5. Strong computer skills and the ability to become proficient with database software
6. Ability to read, interpret and apply documents such as policies, safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals
7. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and speak effectively before groups of women
8. Ability to multi-task and remain calm and patient with participants and co-workers
9. Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team as well as independently
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand.
Ability to walk for up to 8 hours per day with intermittent occasional standing, bending, squatting, or climbing
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Specific vision abilities required for this job include the ability to see close up
Schedule: Full –Time, Tues-Sat, 6:30 AM to 3:00 PM
Salary: $18 per hour
How to Apply
Email Resume to:
PO Box 121831
San Diego, CA 92112-1831